ECL HQ and its 11 Areas are situated in ‘C’
region (West Bengal) where 86% employees are posted. Only 03 Areas are
situated in ‘A’ region (Jharkhand). During the period under review, the
following steps have been taken to implement Official Language in our
- During the period under review, Hindi
correspondence has been recorded as 60.36% in in Region ‘A’, 59.88% in
Region ‘B’ and 56.91% in Region ‘C’.
- All the computers of HQ, as well as Areas have
been activated with Unicode and thus made able to work in Hindi.
- The rule of writing the subject of the files
in Hindi & English on the covers was fully implemented.
- The names of all the officers and employees
are written in Hindi and English in all the attendance registers of all
departments. Maximum number of employees put their signatures either in
Hindi or in their mother language.
- The certificates being given as memento to the
retired employees containing their name, designation length of service
etc. were given in Hindi.
- The officers and employees of each department
are being trained to work in Hindi in computers so that the growth in
Hindi correspondence could be accelerated.
- The practice of sending online Quarterly
Progressive Report regarding Official Language to Ministry of Home
Affairs, Govt. of India is continuing.
- During the period under review, Hindi Pakhwara
was organized from 1 st September, 2016 to 14th
September, 2016 in which Hindi Essay-writing competition, Hindi
Letter-writing competition and Hindi Speech competition were organized
for Hindi-speaking and Non-Hindi-speaking employees separately in which
84 competitors participated and all of them were awarded with various
prizes along with certificates. The Areas and the Departments of HQ
having better performance in the field of Official Language
Implementation have also been awarded during the Pakhwara.
- On the occasion of ‘Hindi Pakhwara Samapan
Ewam Puraskar Vitran Samaroh’, on 14.09.2016, along with the senior
officials of the company, Mr. Ravibhushan , renowned speaker &
former HOD (Hindi), Ranchi University (Chief Speaker), Dr. Krishna
Kumar Srivastava, HOD (Hindi), Asansol Girls’ College (Special
Speaker), Mr. T. N. Singh, Hindi Professor, Hindi Teaching Scheme
(Judge for the competitions) and Mr. Rajiv Lochan Sinha, Asst. Teacher
(Hindi), N. D. Rashtriya Vidyalaya (Judge for the competitions) were
- During the period under review, 08 workshops
(on 02.06.2016, 09.06.2016, 29.06.2016, 08.09.2016, 15.09.2016,
30.12.2016, 30.01.2017 and 14.02.2017) were organized.
- Akhil Bharatiya Hindi Kavi Sammelan was
organized on 07.12.2016 in which the poets of all India level addressed
the audience. The sammelan was held at Dishergarh Club.
- An inspection regarding Official Language
Policy and overall implementation of OL in ECL was conducted by Mr.
Subodh Kumar, honorable Joint Director (Rajbhasa), Ministry of Coal,
Govt. of India at Satgram Area Office & Central Hospital, Kalla
(02.06.2016), Mugma Area Office, Sodepur Area Office & Salanpur
Area Office (03.06.2016) and HQ (09.06.2016).
- Mr. Ajay Malik, honorable Deputy Director
(Rajbhasa), Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India, Regional
Implementation Office (East Region) visited ECL HQ on 07.09.2016 to
inspect the status of Official Language Implementation in ECL.
- Two officers of ECL attended the meeting
related with Official Language Implementation headed by Secretary
(Official Language), Ministry of Home Affairs, GOI in New Delhi on
- A co-ordination meeting with all the employees
of OL cadre and Nodal Officers (OL) was held under the headship of
Director (Personnel) on 10.02.2017 at ECL HQ based upon the smooth
implementation of OL in company.
- Two issues of ‘JYOTSNA’ were published during
- Hindi magazines called “URJA SHROT” from
Salanpur Area and “URJA KAN” from Mugma Area was also published.
- Wall Poster “ECL SAMACHAR” in Hindi is were
also published in which different news of ECL & achievements of the
employees etc. along with photographs.
- 'ECL DARPAN’ (Bimonthly bulletin, Bilingual -
Hindi and Bengali) is also being published regularly and its 06 issues
has been published during 2016-17.